Representing social, economic and environmental interests
FSC members are fundamental to the organization and its vision. Diverse economic, social and environmental interests share decision-making authority, bringing integrity and resilience to the FSC system.
Decision-making within FSC takes place by members around the world. International Members are divided into chambers (Environmental, Social, and Economic), with an additional, Aboriginal Peoples chamber in Canada, each with equal voting power. The purpose of the chamber structure is to maintain the balance of voting power between different interests.
Members vote on the policy, standards and governance of FSC. Members resident in Canada can run for the FSC Canada Board of Directors, as well as the International Board of Directors.
By Becoming an FSC Member, you will:
- Support healthy forests and strong communities.
- Demonstrate your support for improving the management of the world’s forests.
- Be part of an international network of individuals,
companies and organizations taking action to improve the state of the world's forests;
- Have a voice on the conservation and responsible use of our forests;
- Participate in FSC's governance by submitting motions
and voting at General Assemblies, Annual General Meetings and electing our Board of Directors;
- Participate in the development of FSC certification standards, policies and procedures.