May 29, 2018 - Montreal, QC
Twenty years after the establishment of FSC Canada, the organization is well-positioned to expand its impact on the achievement of environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable management of Canada’s forests.
Join FSC Canada’s board of directors; members, staff and stakeholders in exploring ways to keep our forests for all forever.
)MAY 29, 2018
- Annual General Meeting (members only) 10:00-11:00
Join FSC Canada Board of Directors and staff for a chance to hear exciting updates about the past year, network with other FSC members and vote on key decisions for the year ahead
- Forest Management Standard Update (open to all) 11:00-12:00
As we approach the final stages of FSC Canada’s Forest Management Standard revision process, members and stakeholders will be provided with an overview of how far we’ve come to date, what to expect in the new standard and how we plan to help you transition to the new requirements.
- Lunch 12:00-13:30 (open to all)
- The new Forest Management Standard - a session for forest managers (open to forest managers) 13:30-15:00
Join us in an in-depth look at the latest draft of the Forest Management Standard, what changes to expect and the opportunity to ask our staff questions about the content.
- Marketing with FSC (open to all) 13:30-15:00
In the past 20 years, FSC has become a well-trusted and established brand in sectors and markets around the world. Now we’re ready to make an even bigger impact by reaching more people. That means increasing mainstream consumer awareness and demand for FSC certified products.
- Coffee break 15:00-15:30
- National Controlled Wood Risk Assessment Update (open to all) 15:30 -16:30
Join us as we explore Canada's National Controlled Wood Risk Assessment, where are in the process and what to expect next.
- Cocktail Reception (open to all) 16:30-18:00
Following the meeting we look forward to getting to know you over cocktails and appetizers and to thank you for your continued support.
Meetings will take place at the FSC Canada Montreal Office located at: maison développement durable, 50 rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest, Montreal, QC H2X 3V4
There are a number of hotels nearby including Hotel Zero 1 which is conveniently located within walking distance to the meeting venue.
Get 10% off Air Canada flights with the following promotional code: 9JE88GQ1
This year there will be a registration fee to attend FSC Canada's Annual General Meeting. Please see below for cost details.
- Individual member(s) in Canada : Free
- Organizational member in Canada (first representative): Free
- Organizational member in Canada, additional participant (s) $50.00 CAD per person
- Non-members (this includes if you are a FSC member outside of Canada): $100 CAD
During our Annual General Meeting Members will be asked to formally vote on a few things, including:
- Motion to approve the minutes of the 2017 Annual General Meeting.
- Motion to approve the auditors report for fiscal year 2017
- Motion to appoint Cowperthwaite Mehta as the auditors for the fiscal year 2018.
To pass these motions, members that are not attending in-person need to select a proxy for their vote. You can nominate any member of FSC Canada, that is attending the AGM, to represent you. If you don't know who to choose, you may select the secretary of the board.
Without you, the vote will not be complete. FSC Canada's voting system requires that 50% of each chamber submit their vote in order to have a result. Members can use the registration and proxy forms sent by email or use the forms on this page.
Please contact Monika Patel, email@example.com