FSC Friday is on September 25, 2020
The goal of FSC Friday is to raise awareness for FSC by encouraging consumers, companies, communities and stakeholders to share your commitment to FSC and responsible forestry - whether through forest management practices, or sourcing and buying FSC certified materials and products.
Forests for All Together is our theme this year. We are celebrating the importance of bringing people together to responsibly care for forests – from environmentalists to big business, from Indigenous Peoples to communities and governments, from forest workers to careful consumers, it is essential that we work together to care for our forests.
How can you help?
- Social Sharing – On September 25 - and for the entire week leading up to FSC Friday FSC will be sharing posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter showcasing how FSC brings people together to care for forests. Share, like and comment on these posts and tag your forest loving friends. #FSCFriday2020 #ForestsForAllTogether
- Sharing your Favourite Tree or Forest Picture –Snap a pic of your favourite forest or tree, share why trees and forests are important to you, tag your friends to encourage them to participate. Be sure to use #FSCFriday2020 #ForestsForAllTogether.
- Forest Bathing – Remind yourself of why forests matter. Immerse yourself in the trees. Soak in the benefits, take pictures and share them on your social channels. Tag friends, nominating them to do the same. Remember to use #FSCFriday2020 and #ForestsForAllTogether
- Hosting a Tree Planting Event – Host a socially distanced tree planting event on FSC Friday inviting employees, community members etc. to participate. Be sure to take pictures and share them on your website or social channels using #FSCFriday2020 #ForestsForAllTogether
- Checking for the Tree – Look for, ask for and buy FSC certified products ranging from paper, to paper towel, toilet paper, wood flooring, furniture, clothing and more.
Organizations can support by
- Engaging your Employees – Film a short message from your CEO/President (set in the trees) sharing why FSC is important to your organization, encourage employees to wear green and to move away from screens and sit by a tree at lunch/break, increase your commitment to sourcing FSC certified materials and share this news on FSC Friday.
- Telling your Customers – From videos, to social media posts, blogs, newsletters and more – let your customers know about your commitment to FSC and why responsible forestry matters.
- Product Promotions – Provide a promotional code or discount on all FSC certified products. Consider using FSCFriday2020 or ForestsForAllTogether as your code!
- Virtual Lunch and Learn – Host a lunch and learn with your staff or community. Speak about the importance of sustainability and responsible forestry. Ask the group to develop new ideas to improve sustainability within your organization or community