Why Businesses Choose FSC
FSC. It's good for you and good for the forest.
FSC adds value to your business
- Mitigate risk
Rigorous auditing, transparency of origin, and outsourcing assurance of responsible practices to local experts can help companies mitigate risk of sourcing from complex supply chains.
- Brand Reputation
FSC is respected and credible because we uphold the highest standards, so you can be assured that you are sourcing from responsibly managed forests.
- Customer Satisfaction
Meet consumer expectations. By communicating compliance with sustainability standards, your company can increase consumer awareness of sustainable sourcing and create market differentiation for your products.
- Employee Satisfaction
Reflect your company’s values. Certification not only aligns you company’s goals with your values and maintains trust, but it also provides a way to engage deeper with employees. [Source: ISEAL]
- Supply chain stability
Make complex supply chains more understandable. Certification provides better traceability, simplifying what is asked of suppliers by using agreed standards and generating better relations with producers.
- Increased Revenue
According to Neilson’s Global Sustainability Report 2-015, sales of consumer goods from brands with a demonstrated commitment to sustainability have grown more than 4%, while 66% of consumers say they are willing to pay more for sustainable brands.
FSC is good for the forest
- FSC certified forests protect waterways and wildlife habitat, conserve regions of high biodiversity, and minimize the impact of harvesting.
- FSC prohibits the conversion of natural forests for plantations, mining, oil exploration or agriculture.
- Independent auditors monitor forestry practices annual on-the-ground.
- FSC requires that Aboriginal Peoples rights are respected.
- FSC requires forest managers to protect threatened high conservation value forests .
- FSC prohibits the use of genetically modified trees.