May 29, 2019 - Ottawa, ON
Twenty years after the establishment of FSC Canada, the organization is well-positioned to expand its impact on the achievement of environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable management of Canada’s forests.
Join FSC Canada’s board of directors; members, staff and stakeholders in exploring ways to keep our forests for all forever.
MAY 29, 2019
- Formal Portion of AGM (10:00-11:00)
Join FSC Canada’s Board of Directors and staff for a chance to hear exciting updates from this past year, network with other FSC members and vote on key decisions for the year ahead.
- A tool that drives impact: FSC in the Global Landscape and at home
In the 25 years since our founding, we have created a certification system that mobilizes the force of the market, offering people a way to create positive impact in forests and communities. Find out how FSC is helping to face challenges and provide solutions on a global level and at home.
- Lunch (12:00-13:30)
Will be provided
- A Conversation on the New Standard in Responsible Forestry (13:30-15:00)
Join leaders involved in the standards process and certification to talk about a variety of topics - from insights into developing the standard and key sections that could leverage change.
- Coffee break (15:00-15:15)
- Implementing & Transitioning to the New Standard (15:15-15:45)
After five years of rigorous consultation with industry, environment, and social stakeholders and indigenous groups, the new standard targets the most pressing issues threatening Canadian forests today, including the woodland caribou crisis; the rights of indigenous peoples; workers’ rights including gender equity; conservation; and landscape management. Join us to learn about the new standard, the implementation and transition process and how you can help promote the standard.
- National Risk Assessment (15:45-16:15)
Join us as we explore Canada's National Controlled Wood Risk Assessment, where we are in the process and what to expect next.
- Next steps for FSC in Canada (16:15-16:30)
As we move into a new era for FSC in Canada, learn what we have planned next.
- Celebrate with us (16:30-18:30)
Join us for cocktails and appetizers as we celebrate the launch of the new forest management standard
Meetings will take place at the Alt Hotel located at 185 Slater St, Ottawa, ON K1P 0C8
Get 10% off Air Canada flights with the following promotional code: HQ28JWQ1
This year there will be a registration fee to attend FSC Canada's Annual General Meeting. Please see below for cost details.
- Member(s) in Canada : $25 per person
- Non-members (this includes if you are a FSC member outside of Canada): $100 CAD per person
During our Annual General Meeting Members will be asked to formally vote on a few things, including:
- Motion to approve the minutes of the 2018 Annual General Meeting.
- Motion to approve the auditors report for fiscal year 2018
- Motion to appoint Cowperthwaite Mehta as the auditors for the fiscal year 2019.
To pass these motions, members that are not attending in-person need to select a proxy for their vote. You can nominate any member of FSC Canada, that is attending the AGM, to represent you. If you don't know who to choose, you may select the secretary of the board.
Without you, the vote will not be complete. FSC Canada's voting system requires that 50% of each chamber submit their vote in order to have a result. Members can use the registration and proxy forms sent by email or use the forms on this page.
Please contact Monika Patel, firstname.lastname@example.org