Monday, 04 June 2018
We're looking for new Board Members
Just like our members, FSC Canada’s Board of Directors are fundamental to the organization providing diverse Aboriginal, economic, social and environmental interests, and bringing integrity and resilience to the FSC system.
FSC Canada is seeking motivated volunteers that can bring abroad range of perspectives to provide effective oversight of the organization and govern all activities and affairs of FSC Canada.
With the expiration of terms for existing Directors there are 4 vacancies, one representative from each of the four Chambers:
Aboriginal Peoples Chamber 1 seat 2 year term
Economic Chamber 1 seat 2 year term
Environmental Chamber 1 seat 2 year term
Social Chamber 1 seat 2 year term
The Board Members whose terms are expiring are:
- Tyler Bellis, Council of the Haida Nation, Aboriginal Chamber, eligible for nomination and re-election
- Elston Dzus, ALPAC, Economic Chamber, eligible for nomination and re-election
- Julee Boan, Ontario Nature, Environmental Chamber, eligible for nomination and re-election
- John Caluori, Unifor, Social Chamber, eligible for nomination and re-election
Read the ‘Nominations Package’ to learn more about FSC Canada’s governance structure, nominations process, and what it takes to be a member of the Board.
To Nominate a Candidate
If you would like to nominate a candidate or run for the FSC Canada Board of Directors, please review the Nominations Package and submit the Nominations form by August 1, 2017. Note: If you have any trouble with the form, please download and save the form to your computer in order for all functions to work.
- August 1 Call for Nominations closes
- September 3 Voting opens, ballots circulated
- October 1 Voting closes
- October 3 New Board members are announced